Correct Usage of Terms

Subject: Correct Usage of Terms
From: "Lucero, Peggy" <plucero -at- atsva -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:58:12 -0400

OK, in my quest to get better every day : )
I've been reading the Read Me First! style guide and find in Appendix C
their 7-page rendition of "terms that you *should not use* in technical
documentation and terms that you should avoid" Appendix C is entitled:

"Correct Usage of Terms"

Just wondering, is this the 'most respected' list on this topic?
Alternatively, is there one that is more, well, accepted and
established, and considered the definitive word on the topic (or am I a
dreamer).

Thanks,

Peggy Lucero
Sr Technical Writer