Re: Indexing a 212-page tech document using WORD '03

Subject: Re: Indexing a 212-page tech document using WORD '03
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:38:38 -0700

Remember that section breaks control the text that *precedes* them. So the section break before the Heading 1 for the index controls the chapter *before* the index, not the index itself.

Allow me to modify that statement in one respect. The "Next Page" vs. "Continuous" attribute applies to the following section in that it determines whether or not a page break is triggered at the location of the section break.

I was still in the mindset of the original discussion regarding headers and footers.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused!

--David

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com

HTML Indexer is still the easiest way to create and maintain real indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com