What about Subversion? was: Re: SharePoint Team Services for Doc Management?

Subject: What about Subversion? was: Re: SharePoint Team Services for Doc Management?
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:29:55 -0500

Have you looked at Subversion? http://subversion.tigris.org

With the TortoiseSVN Windows interface, it is simple to use. It is
also entirely free.

Using this combination, your developers can also keep their source
code completely version controlled.

You can make it accessible via Apache WebDAV or simply through a
network share, IIRC, with links from each person into the Subversion
repository.

There is a book on using Subversion that is available for free online
(or for fee through the O'Reilly version. the free version is at
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

I am not positive, but I believe you can attain what you seek with
this combination.

David

On 8/18/05, raverpup <phil_gochenour -at- earthlink -dot- net> wrote:

> I'm working on developing a documentation library for the in-house application development group of an educational institution, and would like to hear about people's experiences with SharePoint Team Services

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com