RE: Quick Frame question

Subject: RE: Quick Frame question
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:05:18 -0400

Another suggestion is to download and install Shlomo Perets' Express
Customization package from the Microtype website. When you install
]it, one of the goodies you get is an item in FrameMaker's Help menu
called "Special Characters (PDF)". When you invoke it, you get a
nifty 5-page chart of special characters in a nice, large, readable-
without-a-magnifying-glass size. And when you mouse over any
character in teh chart, the tool displays a line that tells you the
defined name of the symbol [registerserif for the symbol you seek],
any standard key sequence for it [Ctrl + q, then ( or Shift + 9],
the ANSI number for it [0174] so that you can use the standard
Windows mechanism of Alt + ANSI number typed on the numeric
keypad, and the hex number for it [xa8] in case you need to type
it in a dialog box (to use it in an index marker or a variable definition).

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: rebecca_hopkins -at- comcast -dot- net (Rebecca Hopkins)
Subject: Quick Frame question
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:26:01 +0000

Tech Whirlers,

I can usually hack my way through editing an FrameMaker doc but...

How to you type a registered trade mark symbol? Or map it, or whatever... Can somebody give me step-by-step?

Thanks in advance.
-----
Rebecca

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com