Re: Manuals in InDesign

Subject: Re: Manuals in InDesign
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

If making documentation "flashy" means that people
will pick it up and actually READ what I write, then
it's got my full support.

I'm on the verge of buying ID or CS2 for my current
position, specifically to create a library of
relatively short quick reference guides. I'm very
excited about the graphical possibilities they offer
and the chance to create something enticing for our
customers. It's reaffirming to hear that other
technical writers have set Framemaker asside for more
suitable software.

Steven Brown
Technical Writer

--- Amanda A <bluestreaker1977 -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:

> I hate the idea of making documentation flashy, but
> I do understand the
> reasoning and have seen other companies "throw away
> docs". I saved my HR
> packet from Disney for years. It was a design
> straight out of an art
> student's portfolio.

http://mail.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com