page numbering

Subject: page numbering
From: juliet -dot- adlington -at- reuters -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:07:29 -0600

Hello
I'm setting up a template for a user guide and there are mixed feelings
about whether to have page numbering starting from the cover, although
obviously not displayed, or to have numbering from the first page of real
text.

Is there an industry convention for this?

Personally I like the simplicity of having all pages numbered, but I can
see that starting from the first page of real text has a logic to it.

Juliet

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com