Re: Is Robohelp still being frozen by Macromedia?

Subject: Re: Is Robohelp still being frozen by Macromedia?
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:57:24 -0400

> If it is, does anyone know a good replacement solution?

No further announcement has been made by Macromedia, probably because
they're busy with the Adobe merger thing. ;-)

So, I believe it's still in a state of active sales with training and
support opportunities but no active development.

My gut tells me that Adobe will not support RoboHelp because it does
not interface with their supported applications (nor Macromedia's).

As for alternatives, there's WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word,
Doc-to-Help, AuthorIt, and about a thousand other for purchase,
shareware, and freeware tools out there. See www.helpstuff.com for a
matrix of help authoring tool info.

--
Bill Swallow