RE: Paragraph numbering - industry standard?

Subject: RE: Paragraph numbering - industry standard?
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:29:39 -0400

Hi Eric,

Later, you said:

> ... I think unnumbered docs are unwieldy to use and produced by
> people putting style over substance, too lazy or incompetent to
> number, or who don't want their organizational failures to be
> made clear by numbering.

Isn't it possible that unnumbered docs, like numbered docs, are produced
by TWs who are "giving the customer/audience what they want"? Doesn't
sound like laziness or incompetence to me. Sounds like different
products for different customers, according to what they want.

Regards,

Dan Goldstein

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com