RE: Certification--a new concept.

Subject: RE: Certification--a new concept.
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:17:31 -0700 (PDT)

> "Understand general Windows technologies" and "Have an
> understanding of
> User Interface concepts" are not necessarily relevant to hardware
> documentation. The rest of your skill list applies equally well to
> hardware and software.

The User Interface Concepts doesn't have to just mean what is being
documented...it could be the deliverable itself. Off the top of my
head, this might include how to present a deliverable for the visualy
impaired, 504 guidelines, for the literacy-challenged (think Burger
King registers, fryers, etc).

You might be right on the technology issue, though I'd be hard
pressed to come up with too much hardware that doesn't have a
software component. Could you write about assembly line hardware
without including content on software?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?I can win an argument on any topic,
against any opponent. People know this,
and steer clear of me at parties.
Often, as a sign of their great respect,
they don't even invite me."
Dave Barry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com