QUERY? Comment?

Subject: QUERY? Comment?
From: JBlom -at- ricoh-europe -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:59:27 -0600

Hello all,

I have a slight problem where I have to have two different types of terms
for two very similar functions on the same screen. In order to keep end
user confusion at bay, we are thinking of using the following:

- select a device
- choose a device line (The line has the device at the far left of the row
with further information across. When selecting this line, a different
dialog will show and the user is able to change things inside it.)

One of my coworkers suggested "placing a check in the check box" instead
of "select a device" but this sounds unnecessarily wordy to me and I think
the two options listed previously are more comprehensible to an end user.

What do you think, please?

Thanks!
J Blom

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com