Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: <archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 02:30:00 -0600

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...

* WEBINAR: Proving the Case for DITA-based Authoring
* ANNOUNCE: The Rockley Group - More Than Just Workshops
* ANNOUNCE: Lisa Bronson to be Interviewed on Content Management Podcast
* ANNOUNCE: LavaCon in Honolulu, HI Open for Registration
* ANNOUNCE: New! WebWorks OnTime: On-Demand,
Custom ePublishing Service

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

WEBINAR: Proving the Case for DITA-based Authoring

Join The Rockley Group and Blast Radius August 16, 2005 (1:00PM
EST/10am PDT) as we examine how to make the case for adopting the
Darwin Information Typing Architecture in this, the first of our
two-part DITA webinar series.

Register today! http://www.rockleybulletin.com/

And, check out the current issue of The Rockley Bulletin! In this
issue, we continue our exploration of the Darwin Information Typing
Architecture (DITA). You'll find links to useful online resources,
learn which content management vendors say they "support" DITA,
discover how to determine if DITA is right for you, and you'll be among
the first to hear about DITA 2006, the Darwin Information Typing
Architecture Conference.

http://www.rockleybulletin.com/

07/29/05 - 08/04/05

I've been involved in writing ISO standards for
documentation for nearly ten years now, and the ISO
committee I belong to (ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC7 WG2, to be exact)
has just decided to replace every single ISO documentation
standard with one coherent suite of documents, and to
absorb the relevant IEEE documentation standards at the
same time.

This is a large undertaking, and will take many years.
The first cab off the rank is a user documentation standard
for managers, covering roles and job descriptions, process,
documentation plan content, suite design, testing,
configuration management, metadata, audience and task
analysis, estimation, work breakdown structure, quality
metrics and tools and infrastructure requirements.

I'm the project editor for this standard, and I need help!

There are two other levels of involvement: project author
(actually write part of the standard - preferably have
managed technical communicators at some point in your
career) or project reviewer (just make comments on the
drafts - must have been a technical communicator).

There's already a web site for this project, and it's at
www.hci.com.au/iso/project_11 - you'll find an overview of
the project, and a place you can sign up, either as an
author or a reviewer.

Now for the bad news: there's no pay. All work on
international standards is done by volunteers like me...
and you.

Phil Cohen, Australia

07/27/05 - 08/02/05

ANNOUNCE: The Rockley Group - More Than Just Workshops

Are you tired of fighting an uphill battle to improve the way you
create, manage, and deliver content? Do you need a roadmap that will
ensure project success and demonstrate a positive return on investment
to upper management? Are you unsure which tools or technologies will
meet your specific organizational content requirements?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, we can help. The Rockley
Group helps content managers and authors meet the increasing demands of
creating, distributing and managing the content they create. Our team
of experienced analysts can help you implement a unified content
strategy that will meet your business needs and provide a positive
return on investment.

Services include:
-----------------------
* Substantive Audit - http://www.rockley.com/summaryc.htm
* Unified Content Architecture - http://www.rockley.com/summaryd.htm
* Unified Content Prototype - http://www.rockley.com/summarye.htm
* Unified Content Implementation -
http://www.rockley.com/Implementation.htm
* Mentoring - http://www.rockley.com/Mentoring.htm
* Workshops - http://www.rockley.com/workshops.htm

Organizations of all sizes -- from small, privately-owned firms to
multi-national Fortune 500 companies -- trust us with their most
important content projects. We've developed content reuse solutions
that reduce the cost and effort to produce complex information products
including: marketing collateral, software documentation, online help,
customer support materials, human resources content, as well as
regulatory documents for pharmaceutical and medical device
manufacturers. Contact us today to find out how we can help you!

Request additional information: moreinfo -at- rockley -dot- com

The Rockley Group Inc., 445 Apple Creek Blvd., Suite 120,
Markham, ON L3R 9X7
Phone: 905-415-1885 Fax: 905-415-3413

07/26/05 - 08/01/05

ANNOUNCE: Lisa Bronson to be Interviewed on Content Management Podcast

podcast series on Content Management. TheContentWrangler.com is sponsoring
?Content Management Live!? a series of six weekly one-hour live radio
broadcasts on the My Technology Lawyer Radio Show. Lisa will be
interviewed on August 16, 2005.

Read the complete press release at
http://www.techwr-l.com/ct.php?link=http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/prdocs/RadioSeriesPressRelease.pdf

07/25/05-07/31/05

ANNOUNCE: LavaCon in Honolulu, HI Open for Registration

LavaCon, The Third Annual Conference on Technical Communication and
Project Management, is open for registration!

Comments from previous LavaCon Attendees

"This was a terrific conference!"

"Excellent, top-notch speakers."

"Not only were the sessions informative and stimulating, the workshops
proved to be the most valuable I've ever attended."

What: Over 40 sessions and hands-on workshops

When: September 25-28, 2005

Where: Honolulu, Hawaii

Visit www.lavacon.org for the preliminary program and speaker list.

See you in Waikiki!

LavaCon: The Third Annual Conference on Tech Comm Management
September 25-28, 2005
Honolulu, Hawaii
888-378-2333
www.lavacon.org

06/06/05-07/31/05

ANNOUNCE: New! WebWorks OnTime: On-Demand, Custom ePublishing
Service

For the first time, WebWorks Services is offering Quadralay
Corporation's content conversion expertise to work directly on
your project, to produce your online content directly from your
Word documents, FrameMaker books, or XML content. No training, no
tools, no learning curve, and you can have your documents converted
to virtually any format, customized to your specifications.*

With over 11 years of content conversion experience, we are able to
put on-demand ePublishing within reach of any organization, small
or large. Our Basic Plan for Word or FrameMaker starts at just $99
for up to 1000 pages!

Add localization to your OnTime order to make the most of your
on-demand ePublishing investment. WebWorks OnTime offers expert
translation of your content into one or multiple languages.**

For more information, visit www.webworks.com/ontime or contact an
OnTime Service Representative at 512.719.3399 ext.503
*Certain terms and conditions apply. See Web site for details.
**Translations provided by Adams Globalization.

11/02/04 - 12/30/05

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5100 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Lisa
(lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/postad.html.