TOOLS: Rotate your wheels

Subject: TOOLS: Rotate your wheels
From: technical -at- theverbalist -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:17:03 -0600

A few weeks ago, Kevin stated:
I've been using [an exercise ball as a seat] for a few weeks now, and
already notice the positive differences. Not only do I feel better and
more alert, but I also feel more securely balanced on my bicycle (on the
road... I don't use my bike as yet another esoteric seating option...
admit you were thinking it...)

Which of course started me thinking...what if we did use bikes as a
seating option...

...we could hook them up to power our computers as we pedaled. We'd not
only reduce energy consumption and electrical bills (an issue here in
Ontario, where they are threatening rolling black-outs) but we might even
move documentation from a cost to a revenue generator, so to speak. Not to
mention, we'd get totally fit and ripped, and finally give having a desk
job a good name...
...we could compete to wear the maillot jaune for being farthest ahead
of the Gantt chart projections in the annual Tour de Docs. We'd date rock
stars (Ladies (gentlemen)--I call dibs on Sting...or maybe Andre 300, or
Chris Martin; can't decide so I'm reserving them all). We could start
foundations to provide documentation for under-privileged apps. People
would wear little rubber bands that say "DocStrong"...
...We'd be so cool...

Happy Friday, y'all. I'm hopping on my bike to go meet my tech writing
peloton fer beer--Blanche d'Chambly, a fine micro-brewed wheat beer from
Quebec, for those scoring beer today...
Mandy

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com