Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Your TW Rating

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Your TW Rating
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:10:22 -0400

> > I gave myself an 8. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination,
> > however I am an expert in the Help Authoring arena and tend to hold my
> > own quite nicely (so I'm told) in all other arenas I've played in. Do
> > I have room for improvement? You bet! Who doesn't?
>
> So being an expert in a technical "arena" means one is a good technical
> *writer*?

Given that a major chunk of Help Authoring involves content authoring,
I'd say "yes".

Online Help would be pretty useless if it didn't have content. Add in
successful use of information types and display properties, and, well,
you're creating/enhancing/rescuing user experience to a good degree.
Are these unimportant to your definition of technical writing?

--
Bill Swallow
42.8162,-73.7736

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com