New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Your TW Rating

Subject: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Your TW Rating
From: Lisa M. Bronson <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:19:17 -0500

Hi everyone,

This week, we have another poll question suggested by a list member. She wrote:

"I generally find the list a great source for sharing information. However, there are times when the negativity and competiveness get to me. (Like today's knowledge management topic.) Less of that and we'd hear more from the lurking experts (who fear flames and condescension). Thanks for stepping in and and shutting down this and similar threads.

"As I thought about the KM topic, I considered how most of the respondents seemed to value their abilities and opinions very highly. While I may also have an inflated view of my skills and knowledge, it wouldn't occur to me to offer an unsolicited opinion on someone else's writing skills - particularly not on a public forum. Anyhow, my point is that this made me curious about how most techwhirlers view their skills and abilities."

Based on that curiosity, she suggested the following poll question:

How would a panel of experts rate your tech writing skills, on a 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest) scale?

* 10
* 9
* 8
* 7