RE: Knowledge Management

Subject: RE: Knowledge Management
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:38:04 -0500 (CDT)

Ok, from the top.

The person implements a database of some sort. Implements? Who knows.
Maintains a database? Uses a database?

Hold activities that foster good communication might mean they meet with
people, talk and exchange ideas. It might also mean that they are the
grammar and spelling nazi in thier organization.

Leverages knowlege is simple, they take what other people know (from
people instide the organization and external to it), and use it in some
way.

Let us hope that somewhere in this mess is someone who speaks in concrete
terms and without the gobbledegook. The sentence is a semantic null. It
says nothing, at least nothing that can be used as effective
communication.

It is obfuscation, not communication. If it needs an explanation you have
lost your audience.

Sorry, but my interpretation is the same as Dan's. It has no real meaning.
Isn't that why we try to follow the KISS formula? To spare our audience
from confusion and ourselves from the embarressing task of explaining what
we were trying to say in the first place?

Scott

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com