OT: Looking for a music download recommendation

Subject: OT: Looking for a music download recommendation
From: sueahrenhold -at- ameritech -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:39:12 -0600

Our teenager's computer recently stopped working. On examination, this has
been caused by her horrible downloading habits - which is why we have her
on her own machine.
Painful lesson. One thing she has agreed to is to try using a music
download service, instead of just swapping with people she doesn't know.
While I trust (and use) several musician site downloads like Gillian
Welch, I really don't know that much about the services, and all the
reviews I'm able to find seem to be, well, biased and not really
informative. And the sites themselves seem to go out of their way to
obscure the costs and the available materials until you give them a credit
card number.

We're not prepared to be an iPod house (her friends are all pretty much in
the Windows world - don't e-mail me), but does anyone have any comments or
recommendations about some of the Windows based sites like RealRhapsody or
Yahoo, or Napster?

I've got to admit a certain curiosity ...

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com