Re: Municipal or Household Waste in European Union?

Subject: Re: Municipal or Household Waste in European Union?
From: Mitchell Maltenfort <mmalten -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:39:45 -0400

I'm an American with finicky ideas about language, so take my comment
cum grano salis (with a grain of salt).

To me, "municipal waste" means waste generated by the city /
municipality, and "household waste" means waste generated by the
household, just as "animal waste" would mean waste products generated
by animals.

On the other hand, I would interpret "chemical waste" to mean waste
products that were chemicals.

Since the goal is to write the clearest description, would it help to
say something like "This product can not be thrown out in ordinary
garbage receptacles, because of its components. Instead, dispose of it
by..."

--
I can answer any question.
"I don't know" is an answer.