Re: TOOLS: Seeking time-tracking software

Subject: Re: TOOLS: Seeking time-tracking software
From: David Castro <thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:26:02 -0400

On 7/19/05, Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com> wrote:

> I tried TimeTrax once and didn't like it, but now I think I may just try
> using Excel. If that's a viable solution, all I would need myself (I keep
> writing down start and stop time in a Notepad file) was to remind myself to
> note the time. That's what I forget to do, and some software does it for you
> automatically, I thought.

I used to try to keep track of times in a Notepad file, but as the
work was freelance stuff on the weekends, I would frequently get
interrupted for things like running through the sprinklers with my
kids, and would forget to note the time that I got up from my
computer.

I downloaded Timesheet Helper (http://www.timesheethelper.com), a
shareware application, and have been thoroughly impressed. In fact, I
was so impressed that I bought three copies: one for work, one for
home, and one for my wife's laptop, which I use when we go on a trip.
(My family gets up much later than I do, so I take advantage of that
morningtime productivity when on the road).

I don't have any relationship with TimesheetHelper other than as a
satisfied customer.

-David Castro
thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com