Re: Good Systems Documentation?

Subject: Re: Good Systems Documentation?
From: "W. Kelly Oja" <judbasiner -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:11:20 -0500

Here is a look at how I set up the manual I created for my company. I
cannot provide an actual example, but I hope the cut-up demonstates
the actual feel. Most likely this is not going to display correctly in
every e-mail window,, but what can you do?

7.2 TOPIC

7.2.1 Definition

What is it?

7.2.2 Origin

Where does the data come from?

7.2.3 Process

What do you do with the data?

7.2.4 Schedule

When do you do the task?

7.2.5 Objective

What is the desired outcome?

7.2.6 Location

7.2.6.1 LAN

Document located on LAN

7.2.6.2 Print

Location of hard copy document

7.2.7 Related Documents

Other docs in this manual you might want to take a look at.

7.2.8 Additional Information

Additional information that does not fit in one of the above categories

--
Kelly
"Look after yourselves and lead good lives"

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com