RE: why does Word 2003 drops all my Table styles

Subject: RE: why does Word 2003 drops all my Table styles
From: "Paul Neshamkin" <pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:23:42 -0400

I have always been told, and have always taught that Normal.dot (the global
template) should not be altered. You should always associate your documents
with custom templates that you have created containing the styles
appropriate for your documentation. I have been working with very large and
very complex documents since Word for Windows 1.0, and I have never had
difficulty saving styles or losing styles. I am currently using SP-2 and
have noticed no changes.

Regards,

Paul Neshamkin
pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com

MS Help MVP
ComponentOne Doc-To-Help MVP and Certified Trainer
WexTech MVP, Certified Doc-To-Help Trainer

The Paul Neshamkin Group
http://www.helpauthors.com
201-714-9525