why does Word 2003 drops all my Table styles

Subject: why does Word 2003 drops all my Table styles
From: "Kelly M. Kremin" <kellymkremin -at- msn -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:53:38 -0500

I'm using Word 2003 on an XP operating system. I use table styles in a template (along with paragragh and character styles).

Seemingly out of the blue today, my Word doc dropped all table styles. The associated para and char styles remained intact. (I left my desk for 5 minutes and when I returned, my table styles were no longer applied to my tables.) This has happened to me once or twice on my last contract (different company, different computer).

I know how to recover. What I'm wondering is has anyone else experienced this? Did you ever figure out why it happened? What can I do to prevent reoccurence?

Thanks,

Kelly
Edina, Minnesota

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com