Re: Computer System

Subject: Re: Computer System
From: Mike Tulloch <mike -at- infoinfocus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:04:01 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Jonathan Gravois wrote:

> Having spent from 12:20 to now (10:00) cleaning my XPPro
> machine of a Trojan virus, I am wondering of the feasibility of Technical
> Writing on the Macintosh OS X platform. Except for FrameMaker, the major
> programs are available on that platform (Word, Excel, InDesign, DreamWeaver,

And Frame is available (v6) for "Classic mode". :)

> Flash, etc.). What do you guys in the field think about the feasibility?
> Frustrated with Micro$oft's Security Standards,
> Jon

Frame 7.x is the only true reason to pause, but the TW industry isn't
sitting still, as Lou mentioned. At the day jobs I've had, I've always
been required to use Windows, so I can't say that I've tested a Mac for
full-time TW purposes. But it does do everything else I can
throw at it (graphics, music, web design, email, scripting.) My bet is
that if you can output to PDF from whatever writing program you prefer,
you're home free.

~Mike

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com