Re: Apple permits "then" to be used as a coord. conjunction in instructions

Subject: Re: Apple permits "then" to be used as a coord. conjunction in instructions
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:19:54 -0700

The distinction here is between "OK," as in, "our experience tells us that
many of our users speak this way and we will not be perceived as illiterate
boobs if we do too," and "grammatically correct." For historical perspective,
think, "Winston tastes good like a cigarette should."

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Johnson" <thj -at- tampabay -dot- rr -dot- com>

If anyone can supply the logic, the textbook backing, or any similar
stylistic agreements to the below style principle, please inform me.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com