Re: [OT?] A nice illustration of techwriting...how to tie a shoe ("Let me give you two trillion ways...")

Subject: Re: [OT?] A nice illustration of techwriting...how to tie a shoe ("Let me give you two trillion ways...")
From: Lou Quillio <public -at- quillio -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:51:28 -0400

David Neeley wrote:
> Here's a site that deals with *many* methods of tying your
> shoes--something which, frankly, I hadn't thought much about before.

Reminds me of David Siegel's 'Better Bow'

http://www.dsiegel.com/tips/wonk10/bow.html

For those who don't remember, Siegel was an early Web guru
("Creating Killer Web Sites") -- an egotistical, vegan know-it-all
who cared mostly about pictures and barely at all for text. He was
dead wrong about 65% of the time, but nobody dared speak it then.

But he did design the Tekton and Graphite typefaces ...

http://www.dsiegel.com/type/type_home.html

... and retains a certain prestige. Ask him. He'll tell you.

LQ

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com