Re: Arbortext Buy-Out

Subject: Re: Arbortext Buy-Out
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:41:58 -0800

Gene nails it with:
>> As part of a large-scale PLM solution, an app like
Epic would be well suited to taking product data
entered into a CAD or CADCAM app as XML and bringing
it into various documents, such as factory mfg
instructions, user and service docs, etc. >>

We spent major dollars having Arthur Anderson try to
integrate our CAD system with Interleaf. A huge
disappointment as they didn't know what tools
Interleaf offered within itself (catalogs) and
developed a homegrown solution for getting the data
from the Unix based CAD system into our Unix Interleaf
which was also migrating to Windows.

What Gene mentioned was exactly what we needed, a
way to get the engineering initiated data to the rest
of our manufacturing systems, without re-keying it
in, as we were doing.

CB - been there, wanted that and learned that
AA was useless, expensive, but useless

--
http://www.surfy.net for Free Email <br> http://www.ergova.com for Low Prices on Hotels, Books, and more.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com