TOOLS: more ergo stuff LCD Monitor Arms

Subject: TOOLS: more ergo stuff LCD Monitor Arms
From: "Dave Neufeld" <Dave_Neufeld -at- spectrumsignal -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:00:06 -0700

Has anyone had experience with using an LCD monitor with an LCD monitor arm?

Due to a herniated disc in my neck, likely caused by many years of poor desk posture, I've set up this at home and am getting this set up at my office. My poor desk posture is a result of my poor eyesight; I have to get close to the monitor to see it well enough.

I hope bringing the mountain (the monitor) to Mohammed (me), rather than bringing Mohammed (myself) to the mountain (the monitor), alleviates the situation.

I bought the following LCD monitor arm for home:
http://www.ergomart.com/LCD_MONITOR_ARMS/IOS7000.htm
Another company to look at is Ergotron (www.ergotron.com)

I installed the ergomart monitor arm with my 19" LCD monitor just before the weekend and am quite happy with the initial results.

> David Neufeld [ Lead Technical Writer - Wireless ]
> Spectrum Signal Processing Inc.
>
> t 604.421.5422 // f 604.421-1764
mailto:dave_neufeld -at- spectrumsignal -dot- com
> www.spectrumsignal.com
>
> Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message please destroy this Message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com