RE: "greyed out" View tab in MS Word 2003

Subject: RE: "greyed out" View tab in MS Word 2003
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:05:01 -0400

Shannon wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have another MS Word question that I cannot find an answer for
through
> MS.com or other sites. A co-worker is unable to access his "View" tab
in
> MS Word 2003 (found through the Tools Menu, Options). All other Option
> tabs are accessible, however, the "View" tab is the only one that is
> "greyed" out and not able to be accessed.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Shannon

Shannon:

Your colleague may have turned on his "Reading Layout" view. This
disables the View Tab under the Tools, Options dialog box item. Now to
correct the problem (if this is the case) he needs to find the Close
button (found on the Reading Layout toolbar). If he doesn't have the
Reading Layout Toolbar open, tell him to right click on any toolbar and
click the Reading Layout item in the list of toolbars.

Press the Close button on the Reading Layout toolbar and the view will
the Options dialog box.

Of course, if your colleague is not in Reading Layout mode, then these
instructions will not be of any use. But I hope it helps.

Ken

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com