RE: Increasing your corporate value (long)

Subject: RE: Increasing your corporate value (long)
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 02:55:26 -0400

That's not, of course, what I am saying. I'm saying "find out what
people who study stress are saying."

> > Time away from stressful conditions is essential -- not
optional --
> > for health and well-being.
>
> That's fine. Take a vacation. Most managers are in the 5+ weeks a
> year category anyway...that's a week every other month, now tie
in
> the X days a year personal holidays.

None of this actually helps your argument because your initial
premise is flawed.

> However, don't cloak a vacation under the veil of something
> else...call it what it is...why not? Afraid it will look bad? I
> wonder why. When someone says "I'm going to a professional
conference
> in Maui...does anyone not know what's going on?

As the research shows, mixing work and play are good for the body
and the soul. There's not a thing in the world wrong with it.

> Scheduling a conference, where you are going to learn
something..as
> long as it revolves around tee time/court time does not cover
> learning.... that's not business...that's waiting for something
to do
> between.

Maybe not your idea of business, but how many corporations do you
run? How extensively have you studied human motivation?

> OTOH, if it is in Maui, or wherever, and the event is scheduled
and
> attended 8 hours a day, you have my appologies.

Don't forget the 9 pm curfew, now! ; )

Bonnie Granat | www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com