Re: Office Space Guilt

Subject: Re: Office Space Guilt
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:21:59 -0400

You were promised the office on hire. You didn't play favorites to get
it. You had no idea at the time that you'd be "leapfrogging" people
with time-served seniority.

Explain the situation to them. If they still want to act like babies
and "retaliate" then you can make it a management issue.

This isn't your problem, it's theirs. They need to grow up and realize
that if you snooze you lose.

On 6/1/05, Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> When I signed on for this job, I was promised my own office space, and
> had to share another guy's room for two months using a substandard
> test server to do my work, while they got it ready.
>
> I finally got my own office, and absolutely love it, but many of the
> long-term employees are angry that I leapfrogged them, and are
> expressing it in no uncertain terms.

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com