RE: Follow-up: Acceptance of Mediocre Documentation

Subject: RE: Follow-up: Acceptance of Mediocre Documentation
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:35:19 -0500

I was thinking along the same lines as what David Neeley wrote.

When I started here, the documentation for each printer line was different, even though there was what should have been identical content between them. I slowly but surely made improvements to the documentation with each release without begging for permission. The process would probably have been a lot more painful had I tried to explain in great detail why I reorganized everything I did, made all the edits I did, and such. I just did everything, summarized the major changes, and submitted the final product for approval. No one has complained yet because they could see the improvements.

Donna

Donna L. Jones
Technical Writer II
Zebra Technologies Corp.
Vernon Hills, IL
djones -at- zebra -dot- com

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com