RE: Date field in Word

Subject: RE: Date field in Word
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:23:56 -0400

CTRL+F11 will freeze the date -- or any other field -- just like it says
in the Help file. But since you can't guarantee that your programmers
will follow instructions, be aware that they can always unfreeze the
date (CTRL+SHIFT+F11). To *truly* protect a field from updating, you can
enclose it in a separate, password-protected section.

I mentioned the mnemonic (Alt,I,T) in hopes that your IT folks would
find it appealing/amusing. It offers the crucial check box in Word 2003
and older versions.

-- Dan Goldstein

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com