Auto run CD follow-up & Flash question

Subject: Auto run CD follow-up & Flash question
From: "Michael Collier" <mcollier -at- maryland -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:38:53 -0600

Thanks for the responses...I'll include instructions on how to turn on
auto run if they need to, and how to browse to the start page if it
doesn't come up automatically.

Now to making a better navigation menu for a future release...our company
uses Flash for menu navigation on the corporate web site. I have the .swf
file but can't edit the navigation menu text; would a Flash decompiler
help here, or would I end up needing Flash anyway to make changes?

It looks like I can work with the .swf file in Photoshop but I'm not sure
if that is the most efficient way to make changes.

I don't see being able to purchase Flash or learn it anytime soon.

I've done dynamic menus before with javascript, but that was a few years
back and don't remember it all, but I can probably dig up some samples.

Any ideas on what would take less time - decompiling Flash (if that would
even help) or building dynamic menus using DHTML?

Any thoughts on whether Flash or DHTML is a better choice for menu
navigation on a documentation CD - (for users using a Windows/IE system) -
is one approach less like to cause problems (due to browser or system
settings) than another?

Thanks for any and all input.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com