Re: LONG - A colloquial writing style?

Subject: Re: LONG - A colloquial writing style?
From: Lori Olcott <lori_olcott -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 10:56:05 -0700 (PDT)

If the user remembers what to do when the situation comes
up again three days later, it's a success. If they don't
remember what to do, but they remember where to find the
instructions when it happens again three months down the
line, it's a success.

>From what I've seen, narrative and example driven text
improve information retention and learning. Even if the
users don't remember the specific steps, they can more
easily remember where to find said steps if there is a
clever landmark nearby.

Tah,
Lori
(sorry for the multi-posts, Rebecca)

> My only real question on this entire thread: Is the end
> result more useful for the user? Or do they just like it
> better in the abstract?

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com