New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Earlier or Later?

Subject: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Earlier or Later?
From: Lisa M. Bronson <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 21:19:43 -0500

Hello everyone!

A list member suggested a poll based on a recent thread which included a comment about writing the manual before the product was completed. The person who suggested the poll said, "I know I've written manuals before the product, to the point once where the engineering manager said, 'write the API the way she said it would look.'" That's pretty impressive, if you ask me!

So, how about you?

Have you ever written a manual or other deliverable before the product was developed:
* Yes, and development built it the way I wrote it.
* Yes, and there were few or no changes in the end.
* Yes, but there were lots of changes in the end.
* No, that really cannot be done.
* No, I never hear about projects that early.
* No, I do not like rewrites, so I wait til the end.
* Other/None of the above

Visit www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ to cast your vote.

Take care!

Lisa B.