Re: Portfolios

Subject: Re: Portfolios
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:50:53 -0700 (PDT)

> I am working on updating my portfolio and I'm curious what formats
> others use to present their work.
>
> In the past I've carried paper copies in a bound portfolio to
> interviews. Now it seems like the print doesn't do my work justice
> as so much of it is HTML/web based. Would it be
> appropriate/advisable to burn samples to a CD and leave it with
> an interviewer if nothing is

Dan...they probably won't look at anything you don't put under their
nose and even if they do, do you want them looking at it with you
"selling" it? That's why print has been the prefered medium. What I
now do for my electronic part of the portfolio is walk into the
meeting with my laptop already running (maybe in hibernate until the
begining of the interview) and Desktop shortcuts to all the
deliverable I think I'll be showing during the meeting. During the
interview, I use my laptop just like a printed portfolio.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com