RE: Just can't help myself

Subject: RE: Just can't help myself
From: "Kathleen" <keamac -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:05:14 -0700

Yup, or even trained doctors, nuclear physicists, or researchers,
considering what the market has been and that we have so many students.
There are also highly educated immigrants, who often work at what they
can get. One of those car wash attendants might even end up winning a
Tony/Oscar/MacArthur grant/or Nobel. Or not.

> Sherry Michaels wrote:
> This ad is asking for some skills that are relatively advanced, yet
the
> candidate is being asked to inventory office supplies.

Distinguishing between skills and aptitudes, the people who find these
ads annoying could be seeing it as a reflection on those with at least
TW skills if not both. I don't think it's a reflection on anyone's
aptitude to say that training/experience in an area makes one better
qualified for a task that requires the training/experience. If it
doesn't require it, that's a different matter.

Kathleen