Just Can't Help Myself

Subject: Just Can't Help Myself
From: Bruce Wolf <brucerwolf -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

I'll probably get slapped with a wet noodle, but here
is an honest to goodness "artful" editing of a job
description in the Boston are I found on Monster this
morning.

Are we disrespected, or what? I just want to know if
bubble gum snapping is an unwritten requirement.

At least Administrator preceeds Technical Writer in
the title.

:)
----------------------

Administrator/Technical Writer

Job Description:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the SQA department in the administrative
duties associated with department operations such as
maintaining offices supplies, coordinating conference
room needs, office moves and computer equipment
purchases/support and completing/distributing meeting
minutes
- Manage and maintain any logs/databases used for SQA
CAPA?s, audits and training
- Actively participate in the definition of SQA
departmental processes and generate formalized
procedures and forms to support these processes
- Provide administrative support to the Director of
Software Quality Assurance

Skills required:
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office tools including
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Able to quickly learn and utilize specialized
software tools for controlling documentation and other
Software Quality Assurance activities.
- Well organized and able to maintain files for SQA
processes (ie CAPAs, audits, training etc..)
- Good technical writing and process mapping
capabilities a plus.

Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2-5 years experience in administrative assistant
work
- Training in technical writing and/or process mapping

BW

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com