Re:Why should I be worried about the merger

Subject: Re:Why should I be worried about the merger
From: "Damien Braniff" <Damien -dot- Braniff -at- asg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:16:58 +0100

I'm with Bill on this one - tools are tools. I have my favourites but I
use what the customer want, be it FM, Word, pencil...

I started off with pencil and paper (then it went to be typed), moved on
to Samna (became AmiPro I think), WordPerfect (for DOS - loved it!),
Word, Quark, Word again, Pagemaker, FM...

I think that, over the years, I've used most of the writing packages
that were around - some I've liked, some I've tolerated! Usually the
change from one to another was one dying off, new features in the new
package, cost...

At the moment we use FM, WWP and RH but in years to come - who knows.
Whatever it is it will get the work done. If the biggies don't provide
the goods then a market is created and _somebody_ will fill it with new
products. So no real need to worry - but then we're all human, we get
comfortable (in a job, with tools etc) and a shake-up is always a time
for a good moan :-)

Damien

Damien Braniff | Technical Writer
damienb -at- asg -dot- com