Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Conference Attendance

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Conference Attendance
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:05:27 -0700

Of the ones I didn't delete, I would say "all of the above,
depending on circumstances. If I or someone in my
group is presenting, instructing or participating in an
on-state panel, the company will pick up the tab. If
we are general attendees at a local conference, the
company will pay for our admission fee and consider
our time at conference as on the job. If the conference
requires travel, whether the co will pick up the tab will
depend largely on how well it happens to be doing at
the time, and will usually be limited to one or two people.
What this generally works out to is that I have the option
of attending myself or sending one or two of my staff,
and I usually end up not going.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com