Re: Need template for Software Requirements Specification

Subject: Re: Need template for Software Requirements Specification
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 07:01:11 -0700 (PDT)

Saravanan:

I know you want answers - not someone to tell you go
go to web site X. This is very wise: Street-wise
people - people who have been "in the trenches" - are
often the best source for practical (i.e., workable)
solutions. However, a software requirements
specification can mean alot of different things:

* A bunch of text.

* A set of system graphical models (functional,
data, systems state, etc.) supplemented by some text.

* A misnamed design document. (Real software
requirements specifications are rare; often projects
will take a design document and rename it to be a
requirements document - mainly to try to alleviat
their guilt for having discounted requirements
analysis.)

It is hard for me to answer your question because I
don't know where you are "coming from". Which of the
three above mentioned (or other) basic approaches do
you envision?

Tony Markos

--- Saravanan Bhaskar_Texas
<saravanan -dot- bhaskar -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Hi Members
> I've been asked to design the template for Software
> Requirements
> Specification. I am new to documentation for
> Software Quality
> Assurance process. Can someone provide me some
> pointers?
>
> Regards
> Saravanan Bhaskar

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide