Re: Start at the very beginning...

Subject: Re: Start at the very beginning...
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 05:50:57 -0700 (PDT)

Amen, brother Mike!

I've been with my employer (a relatively young, small
company) for three years, and I have yet to write a
style guide. No one has ever noticed style
inconsistencies, and frankly, no one cares. What
management does care about is content that is accurate
and comprehensive. That is my focus each and every
day, not obsessing over whether I want to capitalize
"button" or use "filename" or "file name."

Steven Brown
Technical Writer

--- "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> A style guide is something to work on in between
> critical deliverables
> - it's not your first deliverable.
>
> Once you have a reputation for delivering the right
> docs at the right
> time, it'll be a lot easier to introduce and enforce
> templates and
> style guides later.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com