Re: What should one do with split infinitives?

Subject: Re: What should one do with split infinitives?
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:53:02 -0500

At 10:59 AM +0900 4/15/05, Rahul Prabhakar wrote:

What should one do with split infinitives that is an infinitive with
an adverb between 'to' and the verb (for instance, 'to properly
interpret')? Do we let them be during sentence construction or modify
the sentence?

Picture this, "Provide the definitions of all terms, acronyms, and
abbreviations required *to properly interpret* the SRS."

What needs to be done?
Rahul Prabhakar

Nothing, if you don't want to.

Scott