HEY! I'm not the original poster!!!!!!! RE: Job change issue

Subject: HEY! I'm not the original poster!!!!!!! RE: Job change issue
From: Amanda_Abelove -at- toyota -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:57:28 -0700

And as I stated in my original response, I most definitely informed the
hiring manager of the previous work there, gave the guy as a reference and
she still offered me the job. I work HARD and play a CLEAN GAME, damnit.

Go address that response to the original ANONYMOUS poster.

And it happens more often than you think. I get resumes from recruiters
all the time of people I've met, and have worked with me at that same
company. Sometimes even the ones that got fired from that company.

Amanda

bounce-techwr-l-201086 -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com wrote on 04/05/2005 06:36:08 PM:

> Hi Amanda,
>
> As a hiring manager for many years, I've never come across this one.
> However, I can tell you what my reaction would be if you didn't inform
me of
> your history at the company.
>
> Basically, you'd immediately lose my trust. Trust, once lost, is very
hard
> to regain. My advice is to be fully forthcoming about your history with
the
> company. Believe me, manager's talk. If your previous manager sees you
> wandering the halls, he/she will definitely make enquiries, and your new
> manager will find out the hard way about your history. Step up, take
> responsibility, and spill it! Of course, tell it from your point of view
and
> put a very positive spin on it, but keep to the truth.
>
> One other thing - if the fit was so bad previously, what has changed
that
> now makes it appealing to return? Be aware that your reputation will
follow
> you, deserved or not. There is truth to that whole water cooler urban
myth.
> It's hard to make a new start at an old company... people have very long
> memories.
>
> Best of luck in whatever you decide.
>
> Leanne

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l