Technical Writing with LaTeX

Subject: Technical Writing with LaTeX
From: Isaac Waisberg <ibergus -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 11:54:39 +0100

Hi;

I find LaTeX an amazing tool and I often wonder why is it neglected by
technical writers. The main motivation for its development was the
need to present technical information clearly and beautifully. In
Knuth's words, TeX is a ``typesetting system intended for the creation
of beautiful books---and especially for books with a lot of
mathematics.''

I found very few references to LaTeX in techwr-l among them: ``LaTeX,
a professional typesetting program, is free software, but, like
QuarkExpress, is a poor choice for documents that will be frequently
revised'' (http://tinyurl.com/69nx9).

Why do you think LaTeX is neglected by technical writers?

Isaac

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com