Anyone Experienced iDoc from Softlib?

Subject: Anyone Experienced iDoc from Softlib?
From: "philn -at- sdsusa -dot- com" <philn -at- sdsusa -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:04:43 -0600

Have any of you good folks worked with the iDoc application from Softlib?
(Nearly the same question appears in the archives on Nov. 1 /04, but I find no replies.)

It's advertised as a way to build a central library of all documentation for all the software tools in your organization, then index it.

In other words, your bookmanager books from IBM, WinHelp files from M'soft, pdf manuals from Adobe, and so on, can all be filtered, indexed, searched, and delivered via a single iDoc client.

You got an error message on the screen? You can search for details without even knowing what application or vendor produced the error.

Softlib is in Israel. It's U.S. competition would be Chicago-Soft, I think.

My company is contemplating work with Softlib.
I'm looking for reviews, anecdotes, experience.
Or even just opinions that iDoc does or doesn't sound like a good idea.

--
Phil Norcross
Technical Writer, Webmaster

763-571-9000