British punctuation rules

Subject: British punctuation rules
From: caraghsmyth -at- hotmail -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:35:54 -0700

According to British or logical punctuation rules, how should the
following sentence be written? Note that the user MUST include the full
stop in the Text property string.

Set the Text property of the firstNameText control to "Please enter your
first name here."

Or should it be written as follows (which looks wrong to my eyes):

Set the Text property of the firstNameText control to "Please enter your
first name here.".

With all the confusion between American and British punctuation rules,
I've completely forgotten what to do in this situation when adhering to
British punctuation rules.

Thanks!

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com