Re: Are you innovative?

Subject: Re: Are you innovative?
From: "Janet M. Swisher" <swisher -at- enthought -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:07:29 -0600

>What is the most innovative thing you're doing in your
>current job as a technical writer? Are you doing
>something that other writers or companies haven't even
>thought about? Are you breaking new ground or taking
>risks?

I implemented (a subset of) the RoboHelp API in Python, and wrote wrapper classes to make it simple for our Python-based applications to call it. This isn't exactly "innovative", as it's been done before in other programming languages. But it may be "breaking new ground", as I couldn't find anybody else who'd done it in Python. It was a bit of a risk for me to take on, as I'm not a professional programmer. However, it has been well-received by the programmers here, who are delighted that they don't have to worry about coding the help buttons.

--
Janet Swisher --- Senior Technical Writer
Enthought, Inc. http://www.enthought.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com