Taking Credit and/or Tooting your Horn

Subject: Taking Credit and/or Tooting your Horn
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:56:58 -0600

I thought there were several interesting comments in these threads. What
it really comes down to something I said last week about this ultimately
being a moot point.

To repeat, everyone knows my work here and it is all internal. So in the
end, it most likely is not necessary for my to openly take ownership of
any of my documents because I already do that anyway.

I suppose I was feeling a little different about the entire scope of
things after completing my last project--which was the most
time-consuming, in-depth, comprehensive, extensive, I-am-the-Man project
I have done to date.

It came to me as I retreated into my own little world of contentness
that I never had once put my name/initials on anything, and simply
wondered why/why not.

The company does own everything I have done and if I find myself not
working here in the near future, I most likely will not be able to
remove any documents to use as samples for future employment elsewhere.

But I do have the satisfaction that I was paid to a job and I did it
well. All things considered, I really do not have anything to complain
about.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone Inc.
Airfone(r) Service for Verizon Wireless
Why wait until you land to take care of business?

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com