re: 3D Modeling (Was: Are you innovative?)

Subject: re: 3D Modeling (Was: Are you innovative?)
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:21:04 -0800 (PST)

------------------------------
Lisa M. Bronson wrote:
I can take a 3D CAD drawing from SolidWorks, open it in IPA, and animate it. The one I'm working on now will show how to assemble the pieces of a particularly troublesome subassembly, in the right order. When the file is converted to pdf, the drawings will retain their 3D qualities, and the user can manipulate them, turn them, zoom in or out, and explode them.

That sounds great! I used 3D modeling/animating software to demonstrate a variety of concepts for a 3D animation program. It was pretty simple but well received. For those of us on a budget, or with no budget, there's always Blender ( http://blender.org/ ). Downloaded it a while ago but haven't had a chance to check it out. So, between Blender, Inkscape (which I downloaded because of a thread on this list) and GIMP ( http://www.gimp.org/ ), you have all the graphics functionality you'd ever need! hehe :-)

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l