RE: Are you innovative?

Subject: RE: Are you innovative?
From: "Taryn Light" <taryn -at- architext-usa -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:03:47 -0500

<<Steven Brown asked, "What is the most innovative thing you're doing in
your current job as a technical writer? Are you doing something that other
writers or companies haven't even thought about? Are you breaking new ground
or taking risks?">>

Yesiree! I am the ABREVE Program Manager at a translation/localization
company and we use an innovative methodology called ABREVE. It focuses on
making content ready for translation and reduces translation costs by
20-40%. All this is accomplished while maintaining the integrity of our
clients' content. It is unique in the industry. And it is very
innovative--at least we think so ;-).

Taryn Light
STC Past President, Boston Chapter
ABREVE Program Manager